Wroxham aim to get back on track against Aveley
Wroxham will be hoping they can bounce back from last week's disappointing 4-1 loss at Maldon & Tiptree when they host Aveley this afternoon
The defeat at the hands of Maldon added to what has been an inconsistent spell for the Yachtsmen in recent weeks, with three defeats, two wins and a draw from their last six league games meaning they will still be looking over their shoulders as the season enters the busy festive period.
Wroxham face five games – including a trip to local rivals Dereham Town on Boxing Day – over the course of the next two weeks in what could be a crucial period in their season.
And they will be hoping to start that run of games off in a positive manner against the Millers this weekend, a side that demolished them 6-1 in the first game of the season.
This result was one of five wins out of six that Aveley recorded in a whirlwind start to the season, with many tipping them for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
But a disastrous run - which has seen them register just three victories in the 15 league games since - means the Millers currently find themselves in 14th place and without a win in six.
Rio Starkings is out through injury for Wroxham, while Sam Groves returns after missing last weekend's defeat.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
Victory could see Wroxham leapfrog Barkingside and Chatham Town into 18th place in the table.