Wroxham aim to get back on track against Aveley
Wroxham will be hoping they can bounce back from last week's disappointing 4-1 loss at Maldon & Tiptree when they host Aveley this afternoon
The defeat at the hands of Maldon added to what has been an inconsistent spell for the Yachtsmen in recent weeks, with three defeats, two wins and a draw from their last six league games meaning they will still be looking over their shoulders as the season enters the busy festive period.
Wroxham face five games – including a trip to local rivals Dereham Town on Boxing Day – over the course of the next two weeks in what could be a crucial period in their season.
And they will be hoping to start that run of games off in a positive manner against the Millers this weekend, a side that demolished them 6-1 in the first game of the season.
This result was one of five wins out of six that Aveley recorded in a whirlwind start to the season, with many tipping them for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
But a disastrous run - which has seen them register just three victories in the 15 league games since - means the Millers currently find themselves in 14th place and without a win in six.
Rio Starkings is out through injury for Wroxham, while Sam Groves returns after missing last weekend's defeat.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
Victory could see Wroxham leapfrog Barkingside and Chatham Town into 18th place in the table.