Wroxham 4, Thamesmead Town 3
Wroxham manager David Batch apologised for his reaction after his side completed a remarkable comeback with an injury-time winner at Trafford Park on Saturday.
The Yachtsmen trailed 3-0 at half-time, but fought back to get on level terms, before substitute Matt Blake fired the late winner.
Batch was unhappy with comments made by the Thamesmead management team at half-time, but admitted his own reaction after Blake's goal was unnecessary: 'I've learnt that if we are ever fortunate enough to find ourselves 3-0 up at half time, I will ensure that my staff and bench don't patronise the opposition and make silly comments that can come back to haunt us,' said Batch.
'You never know if a team have more character than yours and I will make sure we act accordingly in that position. We found it quite useful to inform our players at half-time of the comments and use it to inspire them to prove a point.
'I will also apologise to their manager for my comments to their bench after scoring our winner. It was unprofessional of me and I shouldn't have been dragged down to that level. I have learnt not to do that again.'
You may also want to watch:
Batch said he was baffled by the scoreline at halfway, but delighted by his side's response: 'At half time it was hard to justify to the players that we had more shots, more set plays and more crosses than they had in the first half, yet we were getting a hiding,' he said.
'Fortunately their response was one of fight, not flight, and we demonstrated a bit of character and a bit of good quality to turn things around.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
Wroxham had the ball in the net inside the first 20 minutes when a Matt Halliday shot crashed against the Thamesmead crossbar, with Ben Thompson finding the net from the rebound, but referee Alex Guy disallowed the effort for pushing.
Thamesmead took the lead on 24 minutes when Sean Roberts pounced on a defensive error to open the scoring.
The lead was doubled on 40 minutes through an Ashley Roberts penalty and Richard Butler made it three in first half stoppage time.
Wroxham responded early in the second half with goals from Andy Eastaugh and Thompson in quick succession.
Matt Daniels made it all-square from the penalty spot on 59 minutes, before Blake completed the turnaround.
• Wroxham: Hilton, Lewis, Gordon, Carus, McNeil, Halliday, Durrant, Eastaugh, Thompson, Finch, Daniels. Subs: Self, Harrop, Blake, Speller, Marsden.
• Goals: Eastaugh (49), Thompson (53), Daniels (pen, 59), Blake 90.
• Attendance: 133