Wroxham 4 Margate 9
Margate produced a devastating attacking display to knock Wroxham out of the Trophy.
In an outrageous encounter, Margate took the lead after 10 minutes through Jack Sammoutis after Ben Price's poor first touch allowed him to slot past Luis Tibbles in the Wroxham goal.
Joe Marsden equalised, making the most of a John Beales slip to curl his shot over the onrushing Craig Holloway after 21 minutes.
Margate's pace in attack was too much for Wroxham to handle and they restored their lead through Phil Walsh, before three goals in 10 minutes, courtesy of Sammoutis with his second, Charles Adameno and Matt Bodkin, stretched the visitors' lead to 5-1 at the break.
Sam Harty smashed in from 35 yards to get Wroxham's second, before Scott Kinch scored with a back-post header for 6-2.
Harty then produced another moment of class, beating three men before laying in Remy Gordon, whose cross was turned in by Stephen Drake at the second attempt for 6-3.
Sub Giannoulis Fakinos made it 7-3 with 20 minutes remaining.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
Matt Doyle latched on to a through ball to give the hosts hope with 10 minutes left.
But a late flurry from Margate saw them bag two more, Adameno getting his second before a Ryan Dolby free-kick ended an incredible game, but one that Wroxham will want to forget.