Wroxham 3 Brightlingsea Regent 3 – Stone saves point for Yachtsmen with late header
- Credit: Archant
A six-goal thriller between Wroxham and Brightlingsea Regent ended all square at Trafford Park.
The hosts made the breakthrough after 13 minutes when Jackson Ramm's pass down the right was gathered by Nathan Stone who glided easily past the Regent full-back and pulled the ball back for Ashley Jarvis to tap in from close range, for his first Wroxham goal.
The lead didn't last long as under 10 minutes later Regent pulled level, Rick Griggs sliding the ball past Elliot Pride from the edge of the area.
Jamie Forshaw went close as the Yachtsmen pushed forward but they then saw goal-scorer Jarvis forced off with a dead leg after 30 minutes, being replaced by Jack Guyton.
Daniel Foreman and Forshaw both forced excellent saves but Wroxham couldn't reclaim the lead before the break.
You may also want to watch:
David Hinton and Forshaw both went close after half-time but the hosts were caught on the counter-attack after 52 minutes when Phil Kelly headed a corner into the top-right corner for 2-1.
Hinton and Forshaw again went close but with 30 minutes still to play, the hosts' pressure finally paid off when Guyton was able to get the ball over the line in a goalmouth scramble.
- 1 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 4 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 5 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 6 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 9 First holiday flight from Norwich full despite travel uncertainty
- 10 Police dog tracks down driver hiding in a ditch after fleeing crash scene
The home side's joy didn't last long as eight minutes later, Regent were back in front with a fantastic strike from the edge of the box from Phil Kelly.
The visitors then twice went close to wrapping up the win but with 12 minutes to go Foreman's corner was headed in by Nathan Stone to salvage a draw.
Wroxham: Pride, Ramm, Foreman, Hinton, Howell, Sommerfield, Forshaw, Taylor, Stone, Jarvis (Guyton 30, Sturman 78), Garrod. Unused: Halliday
Brightlingsea: Bowles, Malton, Jake Gould, Turner, Josh Gould, Cripps, Read (Joseph 86), Clowsley (Mayhew 65), Griggs, Kelly, Howell (Pedulu 44). Unused: Wallis, Phillips