Wroxham 2, Ilford 0
Wroxham completed a straightforward victory against bottom side Ilford at Trafford Park on Saturday.
Following a comfortable 4-1 victory at second from bottom Redbridge in midweek, the Yachtsmen went into this game in confident mood.
They completely dominated the first 45 minutes and could have been five or six up by the interval.
Wroxham started brightly and opened the scoring on seven minutes when a corner found Josh Carus inside the six yard box and the centre-half guided his header into the back of the net.
The hosts almost increased their lead on 10 minutes but Ben Thompson's effort on goal was saved at the second attempt.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham doubled their lead on 20 minutes. Ross Durrant found his way round the back of the visitors' defence and his shot was parried into the path of Thompson, who tapped in from six yards.
A big margin of victory appeared likely at this stage, with Wroxham goalkeeper Jake Jessup a spectator as his team-mates pressed forward.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
On 31 minutes winger Jamie Speller came close to getting a third for The Yachtsmen when Durrant delivered a pin point cross to the far post but Speller's header went inches wide.
Durrant's volley then hit the crossbar and Ilford were relieved to reach half-time trailing by just two goals.
The second half proved much quieter, although the Ilford manager was sent off on 65 minutes.
Carus and Durrant both went close near the end for Wroxham, while Jessup saved with his feet in a rare threat from the visitors.