Wroxham 1 Thamesmead 0: Hilton off to flying start
- Credit: Daniel Hambury/Focus Images Ltd
Damian Hilton's return as manager of Wroxham got off to the perfect start as the Yachtsmen won for the first time since October.
Hilton sprang a surprise with the return of Nick Davey for his second spell at Trafford Park this season.
The only goal of the game came on 50 minutes when the Yachtsmen finally got what they deserved. Jamie Forshaw's pass was collected by Jack Garrod on the right; he eased past a defender before curling his cross into the area which was met by the head of Seamus Kelleher.
Wroxham had already wasted one gilt-edged opportunity, in the 25th minute when an off-the ball-incident saw Farai Hallam red-carded and the Yachtsmen awarded a penalty. Forshaw stepped up and placed the ball to the bottom right corner, but his shot was saved.
Wroxham: Pride, Ramm, Gray, Hinton, Ebbage (Carus 42), Sommerfield, Garrod (Norman 88), Taylor, Davey, Forshaw (Attree 81), Kelleher. Unused sub: Foreman. Goal: Kelleher 50.
You may also want to watch:
Thamesmead: Walker, Hallam, Spillane, Buttler, Barry, Gorbell, Carnegie, Duncan, Vines, Fairweather-Johnson, Porter. Subs: Glasgow, Prescott, Blaettler, Gordon-Young, Himbury.
- 1 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 4 Man fined £60 for taking 16 seconds to drop partner at hospital
- 5 Boss offers glamping after Covid shuts down 30-year-old firm
- 6 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 First holiday flight from Norwich full despite travel uncertainty
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 10 Police close section of A11 due to crash