Wroxham 1 Thamesmead 0: Hilton off to flying start
- Credit: Daniel Hambury/Focus Images Ltd
Damian Hilton's return as manager of Wroxham got off to the perfect start as the Yachtsmen won for the first time since October.
Hilton sprang a surprise with the return of Nick Davey for his second spell at Trafford Park this season.
The only goal of the game came on 50 minutes when the Yachtsmen finally got what they deserved. Jamie Forshaw's pass was collected by Jack Garrod on the right; he eased past a defender before curling his cross into the area which was met by the head of Seamus Kelleher.
Wroxham had already wasted one gilt-edged opportunity, in the 25th minute when an off-the ball-incident saw Farai Hallam red-carded and the Yachtsmen awarded a penalty. Forshaw stepped up and placed the ball to the bottom right corner, but his shot was saved.
Wroxham: Pride, Ramm, Gray, Hinton, Ebbage (Carus 42), Sommerfield, Garrod (Norman 88), Taylor, Davey, Forshaw (Attree 81), Kelleher. Unused sub: Foreman. Goal: Kelleher 50.
You may also want to watch:
Thamesmead: Walker, Hallam, Spillane, Buttler, Barry, Gorbell, Carnegie, Duncan, Vines, Fairweather-Johnson, Porter. Subs: Glasgow, Prescott, Blaettler, Gordon-Young, Himbury.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'