Wroxham 1 Thamesmead 0: Hilton off to flying start
- Credit: Daniel Hambury/Focus Images Ltd
Damian Hilton's return as manager of Wroxham got off to the perfect start as the Yachtsmen won for the first time since October.
Hilton sprang a surprise with the return of Nick Davey for his second spell at Trafford Park this season.
The only goal of the game came on 50 minutes when the Yachtsmen finally got what they deserved. Jamie Forshaw's pass was collected by Jack Garrod on the right; he eased past a defender before curling his cross into the area which was met by the head of Seamus Kelleher.
Wroxham had already wasted one gilt-edged opportunity, in the 25th minute when an off-the ball-incident saw Farai Hallam red-carded and the Yachtsmen awarded a penalty. Forshaw stepped up and placed the ball to the bottom right corner, but his shot was saved.
Wroxham: Pride, Ramm, Gray, Hinton, Ebbage (Carus 42), Sommerfield, Garrod (Norman 88), Taylor, Davey, Forshaw (Attree 81), Kelleher. Unused sub: Foreman. Goal: Kelleher 50.
Thamesmead: Walker, Hallam, Spillane, Buttler, Barry, Gorbell, Carnegie, Duncan, Vines, Fairweather-Johnson, Porter. Subs: Glasgow, Prescott, Blaettler, Gordon-Young, Himbury.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads