Wroxham 1 Redbridge 3
Wroxham's defensive woes deepened as three set pieces gave Redbridge a 3-1 victory at Trafford Park
Wroxham made five changes from the side that lost heavily to Margate the weekend before, and it was one of these replacements – Tim Cary - that almost gave the Yachtsmen the lead eight minutes in.
Joe Marsden picked out an inch perfect cross field ball from the left to find Cary, whose back post volley struck the upright before agonisingly rolling across the line.
A lack of attacking fluency meant that high balls into the box were Redbridge's best chance of a goal, and they duly delivered from an Eliay Worrell corner after 30 minutes to break the deadlock.
A mass of bodies at the back post resulted in a strong header that Luis Tibbles smartly saved, only for the rebound to fall to Daniel Smith who smashed in from three yards.
You may also want to watch:
With the game seemingly limping towards half-time, Ross Durrant was tripped inside the box to give Marsden the chance from the spot, the attacker making no mistake to make things 1-1 going into the break.
With both sides struggling to create any clear-cut chances at the start of the second period, it was another high ball into the box that undid the Wroxham defence just before the hour mark.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
A lofted free-kick deceived everyone, allowing Patrick Damali to sneak in at the back post to place his header past Tibbles and give Redbridge a 2-1 lead.
And it was another set-piece that put the final nail in the coffin as Redbridge grabbed their third at the death through Daniel Tenkorang.
Wroxham: Tibbles, Rust, Halliday, Starkings, Pelka (Boswell 59'), King (Doyle 80'), Gordon, Cary (Vide 59'), Smith, Durrant, Marsden. Subs not used: Harty, Sanders
Redbridge: McCartney, Worrell, Barnsley, T Thomas, Smith, Damali (Thompson 88'), Bradbury, Sawyer (Henty 76'), Tenkorang, Aiken, Thomson (Good 88'). Subs not used: L. Thomas
Referee: Nick Cooper