Wroxham 1 Heybridge Swifts 2
Robert Juhasz's last minute howler handed Heybridge Swifts all three points in a tight game at Trafford Park.
Wroxham named an unchanged side from the team that beat Kings Lynn, with Danny Self retaining his centre half berth and Jack Guyton continuing his fine recent run in the First Team fold.
Both sides enjoyed some good early possession but it was the visitors who created the first real opening on four minutes, Chris Bryan breaking down the right to lay in Jamie Guy, the striker finding his feet before firing in a shot from eight yards that was smartly stopped by the feet of Robert Juhasz.
The away side's touch in defence was unsure on numerous occasions, Stephen Drake benefitting from one such incident to almost give his side the lead, the striker sending a firm header goalwards from Sam Harty's cross that Ashley Harrison tipped wide.
With things tight in possession between both sides, it took a dead ball situation to break the deadlock and give the away side the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Self was guilty of clattering into Bryan on the edge of the box, the forward dusting himself off to curl his 34th minute free kick into the bottom right corner despite Juhasz's best efforts, who got a hand to the stinging strike.
It took another set piece to get Wroxham back on level terms, Self redeeming himself for his earlier foul to head home Ross Durrant's 51st minute free kick, the defender rising highest to beat Ashely Harrison to the ball and find the net.
- 1 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
Things were tight at both ends with Wroxham unlucky not to be awarded a penalty with 10 minutes remaining after Durrant was seemingly tripped in the box, before Kevin Dobinson missed a superb chance for the visitors with two minutes left on the clock, dinking over the bar from six yards out.
But it would prove to be irrelevant as Juhasz's last minute antics gifted Swifts the points, the Wroxham 'keeper kicking the ball straight at Reece Morgan deep in injury time, who laid across for Dumebi Dumaka to tap in and steal victory for the visitors.
Wroxham: Juhasz, Marsden, Halliday, Rust (Price 45'), Self, Harty, Drake, King (Taylor 45'), Gordon, Durrant, Guyton Subs not used: Cary, Smith, Groves
Heybridge Swifts: Harrison, Everett, Barber, Hopkins, Toner, Moore, Cousins (Dobinson 62'), Morgan, Guy (Dumebi-Dumaka 83'), Bryan, Newson (Maxwell 70'). Subs not used: Sambridge
Referee: J. Marin