Wroxham 1 Dereham Town 1 – Derby ends all square after late equaliser
The points were shared in a tight local derby at Trafford Park, with Wroxham scoring seven minutes from time to secure a draw.
Wroxham keeper Elliot Pride was forced into a fine full length save in the fifth minute to turn Harley Black's fierce 25 yard drive away for a corner. The Yachtsmen responded with Matt Halliday firing wide after Payton Swatman's deep free-kick had reached him outside the box.
Kyle Baker delivered two searching crosses for the home side before Dereham won a free-kick 35 yards out. Ryan Crisp's centre into the danger area fell to Jack Anema but the defender hooked the ball over.
As the Magpies continued to press David Hinton found Adam Smith who fired a 25 yard left foot effort wide of the target. Dereham then had a penalty appeal turned down for a challenge on Joe Gatting by keeper Pride.
Wroxham missed two good chances to break the deadlock and were made to pay when Dereham took the lead in the 43rd minute. Ryan Crisp's corner from the right came out to Hinton on the edge of the box and he beat Pride with a well placed low drive.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Crisp had a low drive deflected inches wide before Ben Lewis was introduced by Wroxham and immediately chipped a fine ball from the right into Ross Gilfedder who headed inches wide.
As the home side threatened again Baker's low drive was well blocked by Dion Frary. Play was now open and Dereham won a free-kick 30 yards out, with Danny Beaumont's deflected low effort beingwell saved by Pride in the 70th minute. Dereham substitute Rhys Logan then delivered a cross-cum shot that Pride was able to grasp.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
Wroxham drew level in the 83rd minute when Vincent Datacampol fired home from close range following a goalmouth Meele.
Gatting later turned and steered Beaumont's header wide of the target before, in added time, the Dereham striker saw his close range shot blocked following Logan's ball from the right.