Wroxham 1 Barkingside 1 – Stone saves Yachtsmen from defeat
- Credit: Archant
Nathan Stone rescued a draw as the Yachtsmen failed to end their poor form against another struggling side.
Wroxham went into the game with high hopes of ending their run of games without a league win but after being held that has now stretched to 15 matches.
Matthew Halliday, Lewis Sturman and Seamus Kelleher returned to the starting XI for the hosts, as Michael Sommerfield and Ashley Jarvis were named on the bench.
On 20 minutes Yachtsmen defender Halliday controlled a clearance and smashed a shot towards goal, only to see it curl just wide of the top left-hand corner.
Just a minute later, David Hinton saw his free-kick headed backwards by Dapo Abitogun in the visitors' defence and smash against the post before being cleared.
You may also want to watch:
With 15 minutes left of the first half, Stone glided past three defenders including a neat flick over one's head on the edge of the box, before his shot was blocked on the six-yard box.
With 25 minutes left Kelleher was replaced by forward Ashley Jarvis but Side took the lead a minute later, Michael Ademiliu stroking stroke the ball in from close range to give the visitors the lead as snow fell at Trafford Park.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
Straight from the kick-off Garrod's cross from the left was headed just wide by Jamie Forshaw but the equaliser was found in the 74th minute, when Stone latched onto a through-ball and took the ball around the keeper.
Sommerfield was harshly shown a second yellow card before full-time and Barkingside saw out the game to hold on for a point.
Wroxham: Pride, Sturman, Foreman, Hinton, Howell, Halliday, Garrod (Guyton 87), Taylor, Stone, Forshaw (Sommerfield 73), Kelleher (Jarvis 67). Unused: Beaumont. Goal: Stone 74.
Barkingside: Behcet, Adebayo, Mustapha, Birch, Abitogun (Amoaro 75), Greenslade, Nzengo, Gulfer, Whyte (Nicholson 65), Lataaya, Ademiliu. Unused: Ibidapo, Nishizawa. Goal: Ademiliu 68.