Wroxham 0, Potters Bar 0
Wroxham couldn't make the most of their home advantage and second half chances against promotion-chasing Potters Bar Town.
Wroxham found clear-cut chances few and far between in the first half, and it was the visitors who created the best chances to score in the first 45 minutes.
The first real chance for Potters Bar came on 14 minutes when left back Chris Doyle found his way through the Wroxham defence before having a strike on goal well saved by Jake Jessup in the Yachtsmen goal. Efforts from Ross Durrant and Ben Jones sailed well wide for the home side before Potters Bar nearly scored out of nothing on 32 minutes when Arjan Tajbakhsh latched on to a cross and hit a half-volley from well outside the 18 yard area which Jessup could only watch and see it rebound off the crossbar.
Potters Bar started to take the game to the Yachtsmen and again came close to scoring before half time.
On 39 minutes, the dangerous Doyle again weaved his way in from the left before hitting a shot which beat Jessup but couldn't beat the post, with the woodwork again saving the Yachtsmen, meaning the sides went in all square at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
On 54 minutes striker Matt Blake was replaced by Jamie Forshaw, and midfielder Ben Jones was replaced by Sam Harty.
The changes made a difference for the Yachtsmen when on 62 minutes they went very close to taking the lead. Andy Eastaugh had been pushed forward for a corner and his powerful goalbound header from Ross Durrant's delivery was cleared off the line by a defender.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
On 66 minutes Thompson found space in the Potters Bar area before having a shot on target parried by goalkeeper Ed Thompson into the path of Angelo Harrop who turned inside a visitors' defender before having his shot saved by the goalkeeper who got up well from saving Thompson's effort.
In the 68th minute Angelo Harrop again weaved his way through the midfield area before having another drive at goal sailed just wide of the frame.
Then on 70 minutes the Yachtsmen came the closest to scoring in the entire game when Ben Lewis worked his way down the left before cutting inside. He saw his right-footed shot deflected over Ed Thompson, in the Potters Bar goal, and on to the face of the bar. Eastaugh was very unfortunate not to get on the end of the rebound and head the ball in to an empty net.
• Wroxham: Jessup, Carus, Halliday, A.Eastaugh, Self, Lewis, Jones (Harty, 54), Harrop, Durrant, B.Thompson, Blake (Forshaw, 54)
Subs unused: Starkings