Wroxham 0 Maldon & Tiptree 6 – Misery goes on at home for Yachtsmen
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham fell to their seventh consecutive defeat as 15 crazy second-half minutes cost them at home to Maldon & Tiptree.
Despite a goal after 15 minutes, the lively Rhys Henry converting a cross from the right, Wroxham pushed the Hammers hard and competed well.
Great chances were then exchanged as first Henry hit the post and then Wroxham had a shot cleared off the line, David Hinton the unfortunate player whose effort went unrewarded.
Unfortunately a series of errors saw four Maldon and Tiptree goals in 15 minutes to take the sting out of the performance. Two goals for Darren Mills, another for Henry and one for Sam Newson came during a period that only ended when the Hammers stepped off the gas.
The last half hour had a training session feel as Wroxham were allowed to play and chase a goal that the first half performance would have justified. However, it was Maldon & Tiptree who scored again with a cross tapped in by substitute Tyler Brampton.
You may also want to watch:
A long autumn beckons for Wroxham unless boss Damian Hilton can find a scoring and winning formula.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror