Wroxham 0 Maldon & Tiptree 6 – Misery goes on at home for Yachtsmen
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham fell to their seventh consecutive defeat as 15 crazy second-half minutes cost them at home to Maldon & Tiptree.
Despite a goal after 15 minutes, the lively Rhys Henry converting a cross from the right, Wroxham pushed the Hammers hard and competed well.
Great chances were then exchanged as first Henry hit the post and then Wroxham had a shot cleared off the line, David Hinton the unfortunate player whose effort went unrewarded.
Unfortunately a series of errors saw four Maldon and Tiptree goals in 15 minutes to take the sting out of the performance. Two goals for Darren Mills, another for Henry and one for Sam Newson came during a period that only ended when the Hammers stepped off the gas.
The last half hour had a training session feel as Wroxham were allowed to play and chase a goal that the first half performance would have justified. However, it was Maldon & Tiptree who scored again with a cross tapped in by substitute Tyler Brampton.
You may also want to watch:
A long autumn beckons for Wroxham unless boss Damian Hilton can find a scoring and winning formula.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk