Wroxham 0 Heybridge Swifts 3 – Long search for league win continues for Yachtsmen
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham's long wait for a win in Ryman League North goes on after they were beaten 3-0 at home by Heybridge Swifts on Tuesday night.
The visitors started brightly and might have gone ahead before they finally took the lead on 18 minutes.
They won a free-kick on the edge of the box after a foul and George Cole curled the ball into the top left hand corner of the net to give Elliot Pride no chance.
The Yachtsmen improved throughout the half and dominated the next 25 minutes, creating numerous chances, but they couldn't find the clinical touch.
The best opportunity came when a pass from Jamie Forshaw found Seamus Kelleher on the left but his shot was brilliantly saved by the Swifts' keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Heybridge then got an early penalty in the second half after a hand ball in the box. Tyson Scarlett stepped up and sent Pride the wrong way, placing the ball in the bottom left corner.
Minutes later, and against the run of play, Heybridge added a third goal to their tally, after a mistake in defence allowed Cole to pounce on the ball and finish into the bottom right hand corner to give the home side a mountain to climb.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 4 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 10 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12
Wroxham lacked creativity in the box but dominated possession for most of the second half. The best chance for the hosts came 20 minutes before the end as a cross from Jack Garrod was headed towards goal by Michael Sommerfield but the ball was cleared off the line.
The Yachtsmen are now without a win in 11 league matches, having drawn three and lost eight.