Wroxham 0 Cheshunt 2 – Yachtsmen miss out on deserved point in Ryman League opener
Wroxham showed encouraging signs for the season ahead with a performance which was only lacking a positive result at the end.
The Yachtsmen were organised, disciplined and committed in a match in which chances were at a premium. In open play, Wroxham's back four looked assured, with Stephen Taylor, Nick Bailey, Ben Lewis and Ollie Ebbage doing well.
Jason Hallett, who scored five goals for the Ambers in the two fixtures last season, was on holiday, and Cheshunt struggled to create.
Ebbage missed Wroxham's best chance of the first half when a corner from the right was volleyed wide.
Wroxham went behind when a corner from the right led to Luke Illsley's header hitting the post, Joe Kizzi turned it goalwards for Steve Taylor to put through his own net in attempting to clear.
You may also want to watch:
The match was wrapped up on 80 minutess when Joe Kizzi scored from another corner and despite Jordan Rocastle's best efforts, Wroxham could not recover to claim what would have been a deserved point.
They will be looking to make amends when they make the short trip to Dereham Town tomorrow.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed