Wroxham 0 Aveley 1: Yachtsmen relegated after defeat at home
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham have been relegated from the Ryman League Division One North after defeat at home to Aveley.
The Yachtsmen have looked doomed to relegation for a long time now and it was finally confirmed on Saturday.
The Yachtsmen were the better team for long periods but a lack of cutting edge cost them. Tom Rampling had the best chance, appearing to meet a cross at the back post but somehow managing to miss when scoring seemed easier.
Lamar Johnson in the Aveley goal spilled a cross and presented a great chance to Kevin Coyle but atoned for his error with a great block.
Then came the sucker punch in the 80th minute. An Aveley free kick was swung in for Mason Bloomfield to bundle home at the near post for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Ross Gilfedder came close to an equaliser but Wroxham's fate was sealed.
Great Wakering have also been relegated following their 3-3 draw against Waltham Abbey.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock