Worthy: We'll take anybody in cup draw
CHRIS LAKEY If the midweek trip to Torquay drained the petrol tank, the wallet and the sensory organs, be prepared for the possibility of another shock when today's Carling Cup second round draw is made.
If the midweek trip to Torquay drained the petrol tank, the wallet and the sensory organs, be prepared for the possibility of another shock when today's Carling Cup second round draw is made.
The next round of matches will be played in the week beginning September 18 - a week which ends with the 680-mile round trip to Plymouth Argyle for City's away supporters.
It could be a costly draw for Canaries fans, with the likes of Wrexham, Southampton, Hartlepool, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Hereford and Darlington all in the hat. They'll be joined by a dozen Premiership teams, who are not involved in European competition, but the draw is seeded, so City won't face a top-flight club.
You may also want to watch:
The draw will be made at 1.30pm today but it won't figure too highly on Canaries boss Nigel Worthington's plans as he prepares for the match against Barnsley.
“We are not even looking at that we are looking at the league games,” he said. “We will see the draw but if get the choice, anybody at home. After that we're not bothered - we'll take anybody on.”
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash