Worlingham’s Eddie Graver becomes national shooting champion
Saturday saw Worlingham's Eddie Graver become the 2012 British Junior Men's Air Pistol champion.
Competing at the British Airgun Championships at The National Shooting Centre, Bisley – where his dad Andy won the senior men's title last year – Eddie's efforts were made all the more rewarding for him as just before the end of last year, he had pneumonia and it has taken him a few months to fully recover.
Adding to that, he is studying for his A-levels as well.
He had an excellent score of 551 in the qualifying stage, which placed him second going into the final. After the first of 10 shots, he went into first where he remained for the remainder of the final.
He also won the B-class competition, competing against many senior shooters.
Eddie now trains for the English Championships in June followed by the Junior International in August.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours