Women’s East Conference: Harleston Magpies come up short against the league’s bottom team
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies slipped five points behind the top two in the East Conference after suffering a surprise defeat at Bedford on Saturday.
The hosts had lost all five of their games before the weekend but finally got their tally moving against a team who had won three of their games.
Harleston Magpies conceded the goal early in the game due to a lapse in concentration.
Bedford then adopted a strong defensive formation to counteract Magpies' attacking play.
A few short corners were gained but good saves by the Bedford goalkeeper prevented them from being converted into goals.
You may also want to watch:
The game was tense at times with both teams receiving cards from the umpires.
However, Magpies' heads did not drop and they continued to have most of the possession but unfortunately could not equalise.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
Magpies will hopefully put this defeat behind them when they move on to next weekend's match at home against Horsham.