Woe for Cave-Brown as Scots crash out
CHRIS LAKEY Canaries youngster Andrew Cave-Brown has missed out on one of his twin summer targets after Scotland's Under-19s failed to qualify for the European Championships.
Canaries youngster Andrew Cave-Brown has missed out on one of his twin summer targets after Scotland's Under-19s failed to qualify for the European Championships.
Cave-Brown, 18, played the first half as the young Scots were beaten 4-2 by Portugal in a winner-takes-all final group game in Perth on Monday, leaving them third in their qualifying group.
Scotland had battled back from two goals down to draw level, but Portugal struck two more, one late on, to qualify ahead of Turkey and the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Portugal finished on seven points, with Turkey second on four and Scotland third with three, thanks to their win over Georgia on Saturday. The consolation for Cave-Brown - who started all three games - is that he is expected to be selected for the Scotland squad which will compete in the
Under-20s World Cup in Canada in July.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity