Norwich United look to put more distance between themselves and relegation spot
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Norwich United travel to Witham Town this evening, hoping to put more distance between themselves and bottom club Romford.
The Planters have two games in hand on the team in the solitary relegation spot and already have a six-point advantage, but Steve Eastaugh's men know a win tonight would ease the pressure at the wrong end of the table.
The Planters will be without Adam Hipperson once more as their top scorer serves the second match of his two game ban, and skipper Andy Eastaugh will be an injury doubt after his early departure in Saturday's 1-1 draw against second place Bowers & Pitsea.
Witham will be no pushover, they ran up a quick three-goal lead at Plantation Park in November in a 3-1 win. They have won just one game in their last eight however, and on Thursday went down 2-1 at play-off chasing Heybridge Swifts.
The Planters also play Hertford Town, at home, on Thursday evening, 7.45pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler