Norwich United look to put more distance between themselves and relegation spot
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Norwich United travel to Witham Town this evening, hoping to put more distance between themselves and bottom club Romford.
The Planters have two games in hand on the team in the solitary relegation spot and already have a six-point advantage, but Steve Eastaugh's men know a win tonight would ease the pressure at the wrong end of the table.
The Planters will be without Adam Hipperson once more as their top scorer serves the second match of his two game ban, and skipper Andy Eastaugh will be an injury doubt after his early departure in Saturday's 1-1 draw against second place Bowers & Pitsea.
Witham will be no pushover, they ran up a quick three-goal lead at Plantation Park in November in a 3-1 win. They have won just one game in their last eight however, and on Thursday went down 2-1 at play-off chasing Heybridge Swifts.
The Planters also play Hertford Town, at home, on Thursday evening, 7.45pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death