Frew grabs a hat-trick for Wisbech six-shooters
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town moved up to third place after a 6-3 win at Cogenhoe United – but it wasn't all plain sailing in a game they had to win twice.
Michael Frew had given Wisbech the perfect start with a powerful header from Danny Setchell's second-minute corner and doubled the lead 16 minutes later, this time heading home a Sam Murphy cross at the far post.
When Alex Beck made it 3-0 10 minutes into the second half, the Fenmen were seemingly cruising to a 14th league win of the season, but a flurry of goals from the home side brought them level by the 68th minute.
Wisbech regained the lead with a penalty in the 77th minute, Setchell smashing home the spot kick after Frew had been brought down. Frew made it five when he completed his hat-trick on 85 minutes and any thoughts of a comeback were snuffed out completely when Beck scored his 20th goal of the season two minutes later.
Wisbech's next match is on Friday at Peterborough Northern Star (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 5 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain