Banned Wisbech boss Gary Setchell delighted at his ‘substitutes’
- Credit: Archant
Gary Setchell has praised the way Wisbech Town's senior players stepped up to the plate – and did his job for them.
Setchell wasn't able to attend the 4-2 league win over Northampton ON Chenecks last Saturday due to a stadium ban, but was pleased how his established players put their experience to good use in his absence.
'I spoke to all the senior lads before Saturday and told them that they needed to step up and they didn't let me down,' he said.
'For some of the younger players in the squad it would have been strange not having the manager there, so it was important the experienced lads took control on Saturday.
The win leaves the Fenmen – at home to Rothwell Corinthians today – fifth, two points off leaders Holbeach United.
You may also want to watch:
'At this stage of the season, every game is really important for us,' said Setchell.
'We have been really strong at home all season and I am sure the lads can carry that on against Rothwell.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water