Banned Wisbech boss Gary Setchell delighted at his ‘substitutes’
- Credit: Archant
Gary Setchell has praised the way Wisbech Town's senior players stepped up to the plate – and did his job for them.
Setchell wasn't able to attend the 4-2 league win over Northampton ON Chenecks last Saturday due to a stadium ban, but was pleased how his established players put their experience to good use in his absence.
'I spoke to all the senior lads before Saturday and told them that they needed to step up and they didn't let me down,' he said.
'For some of the younger players in the squad it would have been strange not having the manager there, so it was important the experienced lads took control on Saturday.
The win leaves the Fenmen – at home to Rothwell Corinthians today – fifth, two points off leaders Holbeach United.
You may also want to watch:
'At this stage of the season, every game is really important for us,' said Setchell.
'We have been really strong at home all season and I am sure the lads can carry that on against Rothwell.'
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 5 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 6 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 7 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 8 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 9 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 10 More than two weeks of A47 lane closures to begin from tonight