Wisbech Town move into third after win on coast
Wisbech Town are breathing down the necks of the leading pair after a 3-1 win at Kirkley & Pakefield.
Goals from Chris Bacon, Jon Fairweather and Andy Millson moved them into third, two points behind Dereham and Mildenhall, who are separated by goal difference. Kirkley's goal came from Dominic Smith.
Mildenhall beat CRC 2-0, while Ely City lost 2-1 at home to Brantham Athletic in the only other top-flight game of the weekend, with the fixture list disrupted by FA Vase commitments.
In Division One, a first-half brace from Danny Scriven got Great Yarmouth Town back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over visiting Stowmarket – but the goal hero ended the match early after seeing two yellow cards in as many seconds.
Scriven was on target with a penalty on 17 minutes after Julian Turner was penalised for handball while three minutes later the striker tapped home from a yard after a long-range shot was spilt.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Webster got the visitors back into the game early in the second half, but an altercation between Scriven and Stowmarket's central defenders Gareth Ward and Turner left the Bloaters down to 10 men for the last seven minutes.
The win leaves Yarmouth 12th in the table after seven games.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town