Wisbech Town move into third after win on coast
Wisbech Town are breathing down the necks of the leading pair after a 3-1 win at Kirkley & Pakefield.
Goals from Chris Bacon, Jon Fairweather and Andy Millson moved them into third, two points behind Dereham and Mildenhall, who are separated by goal difference. Kirkley's goal came from Dominic Smith.
Mildenhall beat CRC 2-0, while Ely City lost 2-1 at home to Brantham Athletic in the only other top-flight game of the weekend, with the fixture list disrupted by FA Vase commitments.
In Division One, a first-half brace from Danny Scriven got Great Yarmouth Town back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over visiting Stowmarket – but the goal hero ended the match early after seeing two yellow cards in as many seconds.
Scriven was on target with a penalty on 17 minutes after Julian Turner was penalised for handball while three minutes later the striker tapped home from a yard after a long-range shot was spilt.
Adam Webster got the visitors back into the game early in the second half, but an altercation between Scriven and Stowmarket's central defenders Gareth Ward and Turner left the Bloaters down to 10 men for the last seven minutes.
The win leaves Yarmouth 12th in the table after seven games.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 6 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 7 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 8 Police ask neighbours to turn in inconsiderate parkers in new crackdown
- 9 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend