Fenmen taking the long road to success
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town face the long and the short of it this weekend as they attempt to keep the pressure on at the top end of the table.
The Fenmen have two away games – at Daventry on Satur day followed by Holbeach on Monday.
The Daventry trip is the longest of the season at 82 miles, although Monday's trip over the border into Lincolnshire is considerably less stressful at a mere 15 miles.
Town – who beat Harborough 3-1 a week ago thanks to a brace of goals from Billy Smith – are second in the table, Daventry ninth, but it is the gap at the top which is the important one for manager Gary Setchell, who has taken the Fenmen to within six points of leaders Yaxley – and with three games in hand.
It's a healthy position to be in, although Newport Pagnell are breathing down Wisbech's neck, just a point in arrears from the same number of games.
You may also want to watch:
Yaxley are due to travel to Kirby Muxloe on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit