Wisbech Town chief wary of S&L Corby’s revenge mission
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss Paul Cousins expects a tough test for Wisbech Town this afternoon – despite facing a side they hammered 7-0 earlier this term.
The Fenmen will look to extend their four-game winning run away at strugglers Stewarts & Lloyds Corby in the United Counties League Premier Division. When the sides met last month at the Elgood's Fenland Stadium, Wisbech romped to a 7-0 win, with Tom James scoring four times and Callum Reed hitting a hat-trick. But Cousins is not taking anything for granted.
He said: 'They will be out for revenge because we hammered them. I expect a much tougher game and it will be up to us to show them respect and earn the right to play.'
Cousins missed his side's 1-0 FA Vase win at Walsall Wood on Saturday due to work commitments after the Midlands club were reinstated in the competition because Spalding United were kicked out for fielding an ineligible player.
The co-manager added: 'Last week was a nightmare for Scott Johnson and I trying to prepare for the game. We went from being 20 minutes down the road to two-and-a-half hours away. But we showed great character and it was a fantastic result.'
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in Fenland, Thurlow Nunn First Division March Town United host Haverhill Borough.
Boss Paul Crosbie said: 'We've not played them before and they have had a fairly positive start to the season but we go into the game with confidence.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures