Wisbech Town arrival Beaumont impresses new boss by ‘working his socks off’
- Credit: IAN BURT
Boss Dick Creasey feels he saw enough from Danny Beaumont's debut to prove the frontman is hungry to be a hit at Wisbech Town.
The new recruit netted a sensational volley during the Fenmen's 2-1 win against his former club King's Lynn Town last week. But it was the 25-year-old's overall performance and work-rate which pleased Creasey the most.
The Wisbech manager said of the player he signed from higher-level Dereham Town: 'Danny did well. To be fair to the lad we put him up front on his own, which is something I don't like doing really, but it was because of several reasons.
'Danny hadn't met the lads as he'd been on holiday so he hadn't had a training session with them. And he came in and he worked his socks off for 90 minutes, which is what we wanted out of him.
'Adam Millson landed back in England that morning and put a good shift in, which was pleasing. Stacy Cartwright did well and he's only had one session. He's put a couple of three pounds on but we'll get that off him before the start of the season.'
You may also want to watch:
Summer arrival Josh Ford missed the victory but should be in line to feature during Wisbech's next pre-season game at home to Colney Heath on Saturday. And the striker may not be the last new face to pull on the club's red shirt in the next few weeks.
Creasey, who signed 18-year-old attacking midfielder Fraser Bayliss from Holbeach United after he impressed against Lynn, said: 'I still think I'm probably looking to make another signing before the season starts – if the right person comes along and is available. It's what I've said for the last few weeks.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk