Wisbech striker Jack Friend sets sights on double-figure goals return
- Credit: Archant
Jack Friend is hoping his goal touch doesn't desert him when Wisbech Town return to league action this afternoon.
Friend bagged a hat-trick in the Fenmen's 4-1 United Counties Knock Out Cup success against Potton last weekend.
And while there was relief at ending a six-match goal drought, the 19-year-old former Peterborough United youngster says there is more to come – and is targeting a double-figure return this season.
'I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders,' he said. 'I've been waiting for a while to get on the score-sheet and hopefully I can kick on now.'
Wisbech will be looking hope for a second Premier Division win of the season at home to Rothwell Corinthians today (3pm).
Friend said: 'I would love to score 20-plus and I think I can do it. The dressing room is brilliant at the moment which will make it easier for us all to perform well.'
Neighbours March Town United are in Thurlow Nunn First Division action at Diss Town, while King's Lynn Town travel to Stowmarket Town and Wisbech St Mary are at home to Cornard United.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 8 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 9 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 10 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures