Wisbech striker Jack Friend sets sights on double-figure goals return
- Credit: Archant
Jack Friend is hoping his goal touch doesn't desert him when Wisbech Town return to league action this afternoon.
Friend bagged a hat-trick in the Fenmen's 4-1 United Counties Knock Out Cup success against Potton last weekend.
And while there was relief at ending a six-match goal drought, the 19-year-old former Peterborough United youngster says there is more to come – and is targeting a double-figure return this season.
'I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders,' he said. 'I've been waiting for a while to get on the score-sheet and hopefully I can kick on now.'
Wisbech will be looking hope for a second Premier Division win of the season at home to Rothwell Corinthians today (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Friend said: 'I would love to score 20-plus and I think I can do it. The dressing room is brilliant at the moment which will make it easier for us all to perform well.'
Neighbours March Town United are in Thurlow Nunn First Division action at Diss Town, while King's Lynn Town travel to Stowmarket Town and Wisbech St Mary are at home to Cornard United.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts