Wisbech Speed Skaters shine at British Marathon Championships
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Speed Skaters re-visited Gravesend Cyclopark over the bank holiday weekend in scorching sunshine to compete in the British Marathon Championships.
Coach Mike McInerney finished with a bronze medal in the Senior Men's category after a hard-fought race.
Flynn McGurk took silver in the Cadet Boys half marathon of 13 miles with tough competition but remained strong throughout.
James Eve took silver in the Scholar boys 10,000mts race.
Arthur Buckler triumphed with a gold medal for first place in the 3,000mts event. Following a successful 2017 season, Buckler was presented with a trophy for becoming overall British Champion for the indoor, outdoor and marathon championships in the Mini Boys category.
You may also want to watch:
The team were joined by Warren Eve in the half marathon and Graham Freear in the Masters full marathon, who both successfully completed their races.
The club have one final race in October in Birmingham to finish off the Outdoor season and then concentrate on the Indoor season for 2018. If you would like to see the team in action or if you're thinking of joining the team, they train at Skaters Roller Rink in Walpole Highway every Saturday night from 5pm.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes