Wisbech draw a blank in their bid to stay top of Thurlow Nunn League

Wisbech were knocked off top spot in the Premier Division after being held to a goalless draw at Norwich United.

The visitors dominated the first half and almost took the lead just before the interval, when Dubi Ogbonna raced clear, but his shot from a tight angle hit the bar.

The Planters came more into the game after the break and Jordan Blyth went close before having an effort ruled out for offside, but neither side could break the deadlock.

Mildenhall moved above Wisbech after their 2-1 win at home to Woodbridge.

Dereham could not mark their return to league action with a victory as they drew 2-2 at Stanway Rovers.

The Magpies had not played a league game this month before Saturday following their exploits in the FA Cup and FA Vase and have slipped six points behind Wisbech, with three games in hand. Despite goals from strikers Shaun Bammant and Luke Tuttle, they were unable to reduce that deficit at Stanway.

Diss Town remain third from bottom after a disappointing display in their 2-0 defeat at home to Haverhill Rovers.

Most Read

Haverhill came closest to an opener in a goalless first half when they hit the bar, but the visitors took the lead from the penalty spot on 56 minutes.

Jordan Rocastle's free-kick for Diss hit a post, but Haverhill sealed the points with their second on 78 minutes.

Kirkley & Pakefield held on to third place after a 91st minute equaliser in their 1-1 draw at Brantham Athletic.

The hosts dominated the first period, but only had Kieran Lawler's 35th minute header to show for it.

Ben Deacon saw his effort for the hosts ruled out for offside just before half-time, and the KP Royals gradually began to exert pressure in the second period.

They finally drew level when a long clearance caught the Brantham defence out and centre-back Craig Roberts broke clear to score.

Gorleston were unable to make it three successive league wins as they slipped to a 2-1 defeat at home to Godmanchester.

The hosts went close to taking the lead when Ally McKenna and Liam Harvey-Cooper were both denied by outstanding saves from visiting keeper Rob Mackney.

Gorleston keeper Elliot Pride was at fault as Godmanchester went ahead three minutes before half-time. Pride came out of his goal to clear the ball near the touchline, but his kick fell to Joe Furnell just inside the Gorleston half and he fired the ball into the unguarded net.

It got worse for Pride on 73 minutes when he was unable to make clean contact on an attempted punch and the ball fell for Russell Bull to score Godmanchester's second.

Josh Armes pulled one back for the Greens in injury-time, before McKenna had a chance to snatch an unlikely point, but his unchallenged header from close range went over.

Thetford picked up their fourth win of the season with a 1-0 success at Wivenhoe.

James Pipe scored in the 62nd minute to give the visitors all three points.

The Norfolk contingent in the First Division were all in Senior Cup action, but top two Cambridge University Press and Newmarket drew 2-2, while Debenham pummelled bottom side Cornard United 14-0.