Winner! Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo wins his first ever Las Vegas fight
- Credit: @GoldenBoyBoxing Twitte
Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo was victorious in his first fight in Las Vegas last night – beating Jonel Tapia in a third round stoppage.
The Olympic bronze medalist took less than nine minutes to see off his challenger on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's clash with Marcos Maidana at the MGM Grand.
Ogogo has now won his first six fights since turning professional.
The 25-year-old never looked in trouble against the New Yorker and stepped up a gear in the third, landing a heavy right hand before following up with a barrage on the ropes before the referee called an end to the bout.
He tweeted after the fight: 'Winner! 3rd round TKO!!! What an unbelievable experience. Thank you for all your amazing support. Onwards we March. #OArmy'
You may also want to watch:
The fight was only Ogogo's sixth as a professional after deciding not to fight on the undercard of Mayweather's bout against Saul Alvarez in Vegas last September because of an Achilles problem.
He beat Greg O'Neill, 60-54 on points, in Glasgow on the undercard of Ricky Burns' unsuccessful WBO World Lightweight defence against US rising star Terence Crawford in March.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Ogogo has been sparring with IBF super-middleweight champion Carl Froch as he looks to make his mark on the big stage.