Wilson’s rainbow glee
Larkwood Trout Fishery: Season ticket holder Ernie Wilson caught an 11lb 5oz rainbow trout on a fritz marabou damsel, one of six double figure rainbows taken this week.
Larkwood is fishing well at the moment, with West Stow lake the best of the two, best flies being black fritz goldhead, cats whisker or bloodworm. These can be fished with a slow figure of eight or static under an indicator.
Water quality is excellent at the moment so fishing fairly light is recommended.
Larkwood bought a batch of top quality triploid rainbows last year which will be ready for stocking in April. They also have several large brown trout coming on nicely for the new season, some of these being around the 6lb mark.
The website, www.larkwoodfishery.co.uk, also has a two-minute film showing Larkwood through the four seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Blackdyke Trout Fishery 07525 730447: Catches improving this week with more anglers on the bank. Orange blobs, montanas, yellow fritz and cats whiskers are all taking fish. Mark Williamson took a good 3�lb rainbow that he entered into the trout masters competition.
The introduction of some larger fish this week will see the sport improve. Blackdyke will be running introduction to fly fishing courses. For more details contact Paul Speed.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 10 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
South Elmham Trout Fishery 07500 703389: In the past two weeks 16 fish have been returned in the 3lb to 8lb bracket. Almost all anglers achieved their bag limits with 89 stock fish taken by 34 anglers. Albert and Andrew Toseland both achieved their personal best with an 8lb rainbow and 5lb brown. John Slaughter returned a 7lb rainbow. Ray Parry captured another 5lb brown.