Will sparkles in Junior Open
Norfolk youngsters, led by Will Cross of Dereham, were prominent among the prize winners at Bungay and Waveney Valley's junior open.
Despite the windy conditions scoring was good and Cross won the Geoffrey Watts Trophy for the best boys' scratch score with a round of 74. Emma Dann of The Norfolk won her section in the handicap competition.
The event attracted players from 20 local clubs and, thanks to the support of local sponsors, they benefited from a superb prize table.
Girls' Scratch: Lottie Whyman (7) (Purdis Heath) 78; Amelia Williamsom (21) (Royal Cromer) 89.
Handicap: Emma Dann (16) (The Norfolk) 66; Eleanor Brown (21) (Barnham Broom) 75.
Boys' Scratch: Will Cross (5) (Dereham) 74; Adam Wright (8) (Diss) 74ocb; Calvin Sherwood (3) (Rookery Park) 76; Tom Clements (0) (Eaton) 77.
- 1 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 2 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 8 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 9 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
- 10 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
Handicap 0-14: Sam Byford (14) (Fynn Valley) 64; Ollie Earl (12) (B&WVGC) 65; Charlie Walshe (9) (Barnham Broom) 68.
Handicap: 15-28: Kyle Betts (26) (B&WVGC) 62; Jamie Bool (16) (Caldecott Hall) 66, James Greatbanks (23) (Barnham Broom) 69ocb.
Nearest Pin 0-14 H'cap: Calvin Sherwood. Nearest Pin 15-36 H'cap: Tara Davis (Barnham Broom).
Schwer Team Trophy: 1. Purdis Heath, 2 (Tied) Barnham Broom & Bungay.
Best Bungay Player Trophy: Robert Read.