Will sparkles in Junior Open
Norfolk youngsters, led by Will Cross of Dereham, were prominent among the prize winners at Bungay and Waveney Valley's junior open.
Despite the windy conditions scoring was good and Cross won the Geoffrey Watts Trophy for the best boys' scratch score with a round of 74. Emma Dann of The Norfolk won her section in the handicap competition.
The event attracted players from 20 local clubs and, thanks to the support of local sponsors, they benefited from a superb prize table.
Girls' Scratch: Lottie Whyman (7) (Purdis Heath) 78; Amelia Williamsom (21) (Royal Cromer) 89.
You may also want to watch:
Handicap: Emma Dann (16) (The Norfolk) 66; Eleanor Brown (21) (Barnham Broom) 75.
Boys' Scratch: Will Cross (5) (Dereham) 74; Adam Wright (8) (Diss) 74ocb; Calvin Sherwood (3) (Rookery Park) 76; Tom Clements (0) (Eaton) 77.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Handicap 0-14: Sam Byford (14) (Fynn Valley) 64; Ollie Earl (12) (B&WVGC) 65; Charlie Walshe (9) (Barnham Broom) 68.
Handicap: 15-28: Kyle Betts (26) (B&WVGC) 62; Jamie Bool (16) (Caldecott Hall) 66, James Greatbanks (23) (Barnham Broom) 69ocb.
Nearest Pin 0-14 H'cap: Calvin Sherwood. Nearest Pin 15-36 H'cap: Tara Davis (Barnham Broom).
Schwer Team Trophy: 1. Purdis Heath, 2 (Tied) Barnham Broom & Bungay.
Best Bungay Player Trophy: Robert Read.