Will Owen poised to start for England against New Zealand in World Rugby U20 Championship final
- Credit: PA
Former Diss Rugby Club junior Will Owen is set to start for England in the World Rugby Under-20 Championship final in Italy this evening.
The Leicester Tigers academy flanker continues at open-side, where he has played throughout the tournament, for the final against New Zealand.
The 20-year-old spent 11 years at Diss, helped England win the U20 Six Nations in March and has been capped at U20 level 11 times.
England have named an unchanged side from Monday's 28-20 win over South Africa in the semi-finals, as they aim to win a third consecutive world title.
Head Coach Jon Callard said: 'The squad performed heroically in the semi-final and they deserve another opportunity. That is, however, unfortunate for the others who have been pushing and training hard.
You may also want to watch:
'I am grateful that I have 28 enthusiastic and energised players who want to give this their best shot whether on the field or by supporting the preparations of those who are. We were all pleased with the semi-final but feel that we left a bit out there. We were a little exposed at the end so there have been lots of key learnings from that game.'
• The match kicks off at 7.30pm and is being broadcast live on BT Sport.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash