White Arrow fires to Humberstone glory
Beccles and Bungay Riding Club's Open Unaffiliated Indoor Show Jumping competition at Humberstone Farm EC, Gt Yarmouth proved to be popular with over 20 competitors pre-entered into the majority of the classes.
The aim of the show was to offer classes for all abilities. The day started with a cross pole class aimed at novice horse and/or rider combinations. It was well supported and every competitor left with a rosette and a chocolate bar.
Following the cross-pole class was an Open 60cm class and the show jumps were then slowly raised class by class throughout the day finishing with a challenging 110cm course for the final class.
Tony Mallett, the course builder for the day, built a course which made Class 5 of the Speed class exciting to watch. The winner was Lisa Shreeve on the appropriately named 'White Arrow', who went clear in 36.51 seconds with second place going to club member Georgia Cattermole and 'The Beepster,' who finished in 40.44 seconds.
As the event was held on Remembrance Sunday, the club donated �1 of the entry fee from Class 4 for every competitor that wore a poppy on their jacket in that class. This resulted in a donation of �15 to the Royal British Legion.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to all helpers on the day, and to all competitors who went along and supported the BBRC.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner