West Norfolk Sports Podcast special: Rory Schlein talks speedway ahead of his big testimonial
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Rory Schlein looks back on a decade-and-a-half of speedway memories as he prepares to celebrate the start of his 15th season in Britain.
King's Lynn Stars' skipper will enjoy his testimonial on Sunday and takes a look back at the highs and lows of his brilliant career so far with West Norfolk Sports Podcast host Gavin Caney. The Australian talks about plenty of the clubs he's ridden for, life on the road, and how he's still battling against the exhausting schedule he continues to undertake just to earn a decent living.
Our man in the west of the county is joined briefly by Rob Lyon and Lewis Kerr as they give the lowdown on their Stars compatriot while plenty of fans also get the chance to have their say on 'Roo-Boy'.
As always, if the above is not enough to tempt you to tune into our latest offering, there's all of the week's other goings on in the popular Gone in 60 Seconds news segment.
To listen to the latest WNSP, brought to you by the Eastern Daily Press, click here or visit www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp – where all previous shows can be found – and select episode 58.
- To get involved with the podcast, or for all your sports news in and around the Lynn area, follow Gavin on Twitter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.
You may also want to watch:
- This podcast was recorded on March 11.
- Conor Marshall's arrival at King's Lynn Town was not included in GI60S because it was announced after the podcast had been uploaded to our servers.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace