West Norfolk Sports Podcast: Special preview to the Norfolk Amateur Golf Championship at Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Golf is the main focus for the first time since the West Norfolk Sports Podcast was formed 32 episodes ago.
This week's show, brought to you by host and EDP reporter Gavin Caney, centres on the weekend's men's Norfolk Amateur Golf Championship. The annual two-day event is being held at Hunstanton this year.
To bring you some expert opinion ahead of the four-round competition, 2013 winner Jack Yule and the host club's secretary Tim Seaton pass on their knowledge of what tomorrow and Sunday's competitors can expect.
As well as that other recognised names from the area, such as talented amateurs Luke Johnson and Kit Holmes, also get a mention as they and Yule prepare for next week's British Amateur Championship in Northern Ireland.
If that's not enough to grab your interest, as ever, there's the popular Gone in 60 Seconds segment which rounds-up all the latest news in the King's Lynn area, including the record-breaking speedway exploits of the Stars.
You may also want to watch:
- To listen to the latest WNSP, or past episodes, click here - or visit www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp
- To get involved with the podcast, or for all your latest news, follow Gavin on Twitter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
*Podcast recorded on June 11 and 12.