West Norfolk Sports Podcast: Special preview to the Norfolk Amateur Golf Championship at Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Golf is the main focus for the first time since the West Norfolk Sports Podcast was formed 32 episodes ago.
This week's show, brought to you by host and EDP reporter Gavin Caney, centres on the weekend's men's Norfolk Amateur Golf Championship. The annual two-day event is being held at Hunstanton this year.
To bring you some expert opinion ahead of the four-round competition, 2013 winner Jack Yule and the host club's secretary Tim Seaton pass on their knowledge of what tomorrow and Sunday's competitors can expect.
As well as that other recognised names from the area, such as talented amateurs Luke Johnson and Kit Holmes, also get a mention as they and Yule prepare for next week's British Amateur Championship in Northern Ireland.
If that's not enough to grab your interest, as ever, there's the popular Gone in 60 Seconds segment which rounds-up all the latest news in the King's Lynn area, including the record-breaking speedway exploits of the Stars.
- To listen to the latest WNSP, or past episodes, click here - or visit www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp
- To get involved with the podcast, or for all your latest news, follow Gavin on Twitter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 6 Pub plans store and Post Office after village's only shop closes
- 7 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 8 Three teenagers saved after inflatable gets blown out to sea
- 9 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 10 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently
*Podcast recorded on June 11 and 12.