West Norfolk Sports Podcast: Football special on what our area’s sides have left to play for
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Sports reporter Gavin Caney brings you the lowdown as the football season draws to a close – with a little bit of help from those in the know.
The King's Lynn-based journalist – and host of the West Norfolk Sports Podcast – discusses what's left to play for among the area's many football sides. And to do so he's joined by King's Lynn Town's press officer Mark Hearle and his Fakenham Town counterpart Gareth Davis.
The trio talk everything from Step Three of the non-league ladder (Linnets) to Step Six (Fakenham) and cover the exploits of those two non-league outfits plus Wisbech Town, Swaffham Town and a rejuvinated Downham Town.
They also venture into the world of Step Seven which sees the spotlight shined on Lynn Reserves, Wisbech St Mary, Leverington and Dersingham Rovers.
Finally, lower-level Redgate Rangers and the grassroots scene, namely the North West Norfolk League and King's Lynn Sunday League, also get mentioned on the in-depth special on the beautiful game.
You may also want to watch:
If that's not enough, as always, Caney rounds up the latest sports news in the popular 'Gone in 60 Seconds' segement.
- To listen to the latest WNSP, click here.
To get involved with the podcast, or for all your latest news, follow Gavin on Twitter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
*Podcast record on April 17.