West Norfolk Ladies maintain challenge with impressive home win
- Credit: Archant
West Norfolk maintained their challenge at the top of the table when they beat Southwold 41-19 at Gatehouse Lane.
Sporting a new kit sponsored by MBW Listers Mini, West twice recovered from deficits to lead 24-12 at the interval.
Libby Lockwood (2), Lucy Shaw and vice-captain Amber Wadlow scored the tries, with Tiff Turner adding a couple of conversions.
West took over in the second half, with further tries coming from Jada Nicole, Marty Hegarty and Turner. The team are away to Old Albanians on Sunday.
Lakenham Lionesses travelled to Essex side Stanford Sirens with a full squad of 20 for their first game of 2019.
You may also want to watch:
There was plenty of promising play from the visitors but it was Stanford who came out on top 32-5.
Lakenham's consolation try came in the second half when scrum-half Sophie Bambridge was stopped just short of the line and a quick pick-up saw the ball moved out to Dani Pluckrose to touch down. Charlotte Richardson was player of the match.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror