West Norfolk Ladies maintain challenge with impressive home win
- Credit: Archant
West Norfolk maintained their challenge at the top of the table when they beat Southwold 41-19 at Gatehouse Lane.
Sporting a new kit sponsored by MBW Listers Mini, West twice recovered from deficits to lead 24-12 at the interval.
Libby Lockwood (2), Lucy Shaw and vice-captain Amber Wadlow scored the tries, with Tiff Turner adding a couple of conversions.
West took over in the second half, with further tries coming from Jada Nicole, Marty Hegarty and Turner. The team are away to Old Albanians on Sunday.
Lakenham Lionesses travelled to Essex side Stanford Sirens with a full squad of 20 for their first game of 2019.
You may also want to watch:
There was plenty of promising play from the visitors but it was Stanford who came out on top 32-5.
Lakenham's consolation try came in the second half when scrum-half Sophie Bambridge was stopped just short of the line and a quick pick-up saw the ball moved out to Dani Pluckrose to touch down. Charlotte Richardson was player of the match.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement