West Norfolk Ladies maintain challenge with impressive home win
- Credit: Archant
West Norfolk maintained their challenge at the top of the table when they beat Southwold 41-19 at Gatehouse Lane.
Sporting a new kit sponsored by MBW Listers Mini, West twice recovered from deficits to lead 24-12 at the interval.
Libby Lockwood (2), Lucy Shaw and vice-captain Amber Wadlow scored the tries, with Tiff Turner adding a couple of conversions.
West took over in the second half, with further tries coming from Jada Nicole, Marty Hegarty and Turner. The team are away to Old Albanians on Sunday.
Lakenham Lionesses travelled to Essex side Stanford Sirens with a full squad of 20 for their first game of 2019.
You may also want to watch:
There was plenty of promising play from the visitors but it was Stanford who came out on top 32-5.
Lakenham's consolation try came in the second half when scrum-half Sophie Bambridge was stopped just short of the line and a quick pick-up saw the ball moved out to Dani Pluckrose to touch down. Charlotte Richardson was player of the match.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 6 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’