West Norfolk para trio among the medals
- Credit: Archant
Three para-athletes from West Norfolk AC competed in the Eastern Regional Disability Championships at Chelmsford.
Lily Edwards (T20 Under 16) began her triple medal haul with a gold in the shot, throwing 3.48m, and then ran a PB 20.39 in the 100m for silver. Her second gold came in the long jump with a PB of 2.12m.
Wesley Houghton (T11 senior men) ran a superb 100m with guide runner Aaron Raine in 13.44 and the 200m in 28.36 to secure gold in both events.
Cameron Ross (T20 senior men) produced a fine long jump of 4.24m for silver and a season best and then continued his form in the 100m sprint heats, qualifying for the final in which he ran a season best time of 13.84 for bronze. He completed his day with another season best in the 200m in a time of 28.4 for fourth place.
The athletes will be in action at the Norfolk IPC County Championships in Norwich tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk