West Norfolk non-league round-up: Nelson climbs up goal column
Striker Nelson Moreira netted his eighth league goal of the season to help King's Lynn Town Reserves win again on Saturday.
The Portuguese frontman scored during Lynn's 5-0 weekend win at Ryhall United to keep Jonathan Hawes' men two points ahead of Moulton Harrox Reserves at the top of Peterborough Division One.
Moreira is now the Linnets second string's joint top league scorer this term along with Chez Rust — who helped himself to a hat-trick at Ryhall. The pair remain behind 10-goal Jack Frohawk in the scoring charts.
Luis Duarte also found the net during another five-star display from the reserves — who are unbeaten in 14 league games, and travel to Long Sutton Athletic at the weekend. Hawes' side should come face-to-face with the league's second joint top scorers, Matthew Cawthorn and Jake Clitheroe, who have both found the net 17 times.
In the Thurlow Nunn First Division, Paul Hunt's high-flying Swaffham Town will be looking to get back to action after their game on Saturday at Braintree Reserves got postponed.
The Pedlars, seventh, can leapfrog Whitton, fifth, if they beat them at Shoemakers Lane.
Downham Town are without a game and at the time of going to press still haven't appointed a new manager after the departures of Garth Good and his assistant Pete Brassett.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 6 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
Led by reserve-team management, Town lost 3-1 at home to table-topping Newmarket at the weekend. Matt Calvert scored his side's consolation.
In the Premier Division, Wisbech Town, third, will be looking to keep up their promotion challenge at home to mid-table Kirkley & Pakefield. The Fenmen hope to play their rescheduled League Cup clash with Thetford on Tuesday.