West Norfolk League: Will Pillinger’s century glee
Bircham stretched their lead at the top of Division One to 20 points with a 129-run victory over Downham B.
Will Pillinger scored 116 for Bircham and although Gary Hooker replied with 62 for Downham, Jamie Forster picked up four for 18 to seal Bircham's win.
Terrington moved into second place after a low-scoring thriller which saw them successfully defend a total of 90 to win by just one run.
Richard Southgate scored 81 for Castle Rising against Sandringham and Roshan Samarathunga then took five for 49, but Mark Osborne (83) and Richard Hurst (51no) saw Sandringham to a four-wicket win.
Tony Park took four for 28 in Snettisham's six-wicket victory over Long Sutton.
Alex Vincent scored 70 and Paul Morton 62 as the pair put on 148 for Denver's second wicket at home to Hospital. The visitors fought back with Anish Thomas taking four for nine and Paul Bridges four for 77 before Arun Nair scored 63 in the Hospital reply. But Kevin Cornwell and Douglas Pratt both took four for 11, Douglas wrapping the match up with a hat-trick.
Castle Acre remain top of Division Two despite their match against Hockwold being called off.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 6 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 9 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 10 A Hunstanton institution closes after almost 50 years
Chris Upton scored 59 for Swaffham A in a three-run victory at Narborough A. Tom Chamberlain took four for 42 for Narborough, who also had half-centuries from Chris Hill (56) and Stephen King (81).
Mick Annear's hat-trick for Mundford A could not stop Fakenham B winning by 66 runs. Andy King took four for 20 for Fakenham.
Thornham's Kevin Williamson bagged four for 21 in a 43-run victory against Northwold.
In Division Three, leaders Hillington A beat second placed Heacham by three wickets to extend their lead at the top to 20 points, Aaron Jarvis taking five for 12.
Matt Herbert (84) and Neil Jenkins (six for 17) saw Snettisham A to a 29-run win at Long Sutton A. Gary Burton scored 67 for the hosts.
Adie Greef hit 50 in Beeston's 93-run win against Denver A and Holt beat Fakenham B by seven wickets.
The top two also met in Division Four with Dersingham A extending their lead over Gayton to 31 points after a five-wicket win. Darren Cook took four for 13 and Jamie White four for 14 for Dersingham.
Mark Taylor (53) and James Spinks (five for four) starred in Dereham B's 176-run win against Beeston A. George Bridges took four for 62 for Beeston.