West Norfolk League: Terrington survive late scare against Sandringham
Terrington took over at the top of Division One with a one-wicket victory against previous leaders Sandringham.
James Banham top scored with 51 for Sandringham, while Terrington's Adam Hodgson (four for 31) and Jason Young (four for 19) did the damage with the ball.
Terrington were coasting to victory with Jason Young scoring 61 before Lloyd Richmond (five for 27) took it down to the wire.
Bircham moved into second place after Will Pillinger's 90 helped them beat Hospital by 118 runs. Robert Preston cleaned up the Hospital tail taking four for eight.
Long Sutton edged to a five-run win against Hayley East Anglia with C Booth contributing 52. Hayley's S Johnston top scored with 63.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Vincent (65) and Tom Doy (48) shared in an opening stand of 114 for Denver but Perry Dawson (39) and Richard Southgate (115no) began the Castle Rising reply in similar style. Castle Rising won by seven wickets with seven balls remaining.
Half-centuries from Matt Herbert (51), James Findlater (50no) and Mark Utteridge (65no) set up Snettisham's 106-run win against Downham B.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Castle Acre consolidated their lead of Division Two with a 49-run victory against Swaffham A. Castle Acre's Martin Wall and Swaffham's Michael Dye both scored 79.
Northwold's Ash Drohan hit a century with 11 fours and five sixes and G Martin made 64 as they put on 121 for the third wicket against Gooderstone.
Despite only losing four wickets, Gooderstone did not get close in reply.
Fakenham A closed the gap to second-placed Hockwold with a narrow 10-run victory. Adam Meredith top scored with 51 for Fakenham and Harrison Futter took four for 48.
Mundford A's R Copeland (four for 10) and Matthew Allsopp (four for 10) helped bowl out Thornham for just 45. Christopher Williamson took four for 17 but Mundford A went on to win by four wickets.
In Division Four, Beetley won by one wicket off the final ball of the match at Long Sutton A.
n Best of the rest
Division Three: Heacham – Matthew Blake 51, Anthony Sadler 82; Hillington A – Albert Jarvis 108; Long Sutton – Ryan Hallam 4-52, James Baker 4-46; Beetley – Robbie Clarke 44, Gary Hinchcliffe 47no; Denver – Reeve Manning 4-18; Holt – Marcus Mears 4-21.
Division Four: Dersingham A – Dickie Sayers 104 ret no; Downham Town C – Ian Thompson 52; Dereham B – James Spinks 56no, Ryan Fitt 4-5; Northwold A – Ted Fuller 5-19.