WEST NORFOLK LEAGUE: Snettisham strike a blow against closest rivals Bircham
Snettisham won their top of the table battle with Bircham by three wickets to stretch their lead to 34 points. Batting first, John King top scored with 64 out of Bircham's 183-7 before Mark Utteridge saw Snettisham to victory with an unbeaten 46.
Swaffham A are 72 points adrift at the bottom after a 46-run defeat against Castle Acre, whose Jason Fryett scored 70 in a total of 232-9 before Martin Wall took 5-51 to help restrict Swaffham A to 186-9.
Denver's Kevin Cornwell took 5-22 to help bowl out Sandringham for 98 on their way to a comfortable seven wickets victory.
Perry Dawson top scored with 77 in Castle Rising's total of 232 -6 before Barney Gilder was unbeaten on 69 in Terrington's 158-9.
Heacham went back to the top of Division Two after a 89 run victory over Hospital. Batting first, Heacham made 180-9 before dismissing Hospital for 91.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Plumpton (82) and Gavin Martin (55) helped Northwold to 244 against former leaders Hillington, who could only manage 122-8 to lose by 122 runs.
Colin Edwards (50) top-scored for Downham Town B as they beat Sandringham A by 81 runs, despite 86 from Theo Riviere. Fakenham 3rds are still searching for their first win after being bowled out for 61 by Hockwold, who won by eight wickets to secure a place in the promotion play-offs.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
Jonathan Coe and Danny Yeates-Cornwall both scored 70 as Division Three leaders Narborough A posted 234-8 against Mundford A, whose Ryan Woods also scored 70 in a total of 164-5.
Beeston racked up the highest score of the day with Chris Woods scoring 81 in their 279-7 against Dereham B, who were dismissed for 87 by Marcus English (5-35) and Adie Greef (5-18).
Dersingham A closed the gap to second placed Gooderstone to four points with a 77 run victory. Dickie Sayers scored 70 in a total of 180-9 before Darren Cook took 6-17 to help bowl Gooderstone all out for 103.
Thornham and Snettisham A served up a thriller. Steve Grief scored 69 in Snettisham A's 210-9 and Peter O'Connor made 48 as Thornham reached 209-6 to lose by one run. Snettisham A leapfrog Thornham into the promotion playoff with a six point buffer.
On paper Thornham have the easier game away to winless Dereham whereas Snettisham A are away to current leaders Narborough A, so all is not lost for Thornham.