West Norfolk League: Sandringham are the early pacesetters
Sandringham took over top spot in Division One after their 51-run victory over Castle Rising.
Joe Peveritt top scored with 69 for Sandringham and although Perry Dawson replied with 55 for Castle Rising, Chris Smith's four for 22 ensured the chase was in vain.
Bircham came through a thriller at Terrington to win by six runs.
Opener Collin Humphrey made an unbeaten 59 in Bircham's 131 for eight with Adam Hodgson taking four for 42.
Hodgson then hit 65 as Terrington looked set for victory at 119 for four, before Carlos Greeves removed him and then ripped through the hosts' batting order on his way to seven for 32.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Carlton scored 77 for Castle Acre in a 64-run win against Denver.
Snettisham were the highest scorers of the day with 235 for six, Kieran Herbert top scoring with 61. Swaffham A could only manage 51 all out in reply.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Heacham stay top of Division Two after their 72-run victory over Hockwold. Opener Matthew Blake scored 50 for the leaders and Hockwold's David Spencer took four for 34. Duncan Rix bagged four for 31 as Hockwold were dismissed for 93.
Hillington's Matt Taylor (four for seven) helped dismiss Sandringham A for just 34. Callum Lee took four for 15 when Hillington batted but there were too few runs to defend.
Northwold beat Hospital by seven wickets and Fakenham B's match against Downham B was cancelled after overnight rain.
In Division Three, Mark Hammond hit 74 in Narborough A's 142 with Gooderstone's Kevin Bandy taking four for 17. David Cornwall claimed four for 22 to give leaders Narborough A victory by 51 runs.
Mundford A's Dan White scored an unbeaten 55 and Bruce McIsaac took four for 45 in a 30-run win against Snettisham A.
Beeston's S Elmar took four for 39 against Thornham, but his side lost by 57 runs as Kevin Williamson (four for 31) and Ron Williamson (five for 28) starred.
In Division Four, Beetley bowled Gooderstone A out for 50 on their way to a 10-wicket victory to see them go top of the table.
Holt's Michael Curtis took six for 27 in an emphatic 10-wicket victory against Bircham A.
Denver A bowled Beeston A out for 34 on their way to a nine-wicket victory.
Castle Acre A beat Fakenham B by 109 runs, despite Colin Brassett taking four for 21 for Fakenham.