West Norfolk League round-up: Young fires Terrington to easy victory
- Credit: Archant 2013
Batsman Jason Young scored a century as Terrington hammered Hillington by 145 runs in Division One.
Richard Eke carried his bat for 59 but Hillington were bowled out for 83 with Nick Osborne taking 4-11 and Graham Moore 3-29. Dan Harper top-scored with 56 but Denver still lost to Bircham by eight wickets. Matt Rowe (4-17) starred for the victors.
Callum Gurbutt (4-19) and James Hurst (4-39) restricted Snettisham to 121-9 during their seven-wicket triumph. And Jason Carter (49) did his best to help Heacham but they lost to Castle Rising, who saw Sunil Anthrayose post 32 not out.
Holt relinquished top spot in Division Two as they lost as home to Goodestone by seven wickets. Mark Spillett top scored with 40 but it was Kevin Bandy (6-23) that did the damage with the ball. A 123-run second wicket partnership between Glen Fossey (40) and Mitchell Thomson (69) won the match for their side.
Northwold took over at the top with a 66-run victory against Hospital. Ady Seymour (60) anchored the innings as Northwold reached 146-7. Hospital had no answer to Duncan Fuller (5-22) and David English (3-11) as they struggled to 80-9.
You may also want to watch:
Hockwold are only two points behind the new leaders as they recorded a maximum points' win against Gayton. Batting first, Roy Bland top scored with 74 while Carl Smith hit 35 and Simon Groom 41. Hockwold declared on 262-7 with Scott Howard (4-53) taking half of their wickets. Curtis Senter scored 43 in Gayton's reply of all out for 74 with Garry Butcher taking 5-16 and David Spencer 4-42.
Downham Town B were bowled out for 117 with David Cornwall taking 4-23. Stephen 'Nobby' King scored 31 as Narborough A completed a seven-wicket victory in the 23rd over. Sandringham A were unable to field a team against Swaffham A.
- 1 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 5 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
In Division Three, Emily Woodhouse took 3-10 and scored 34 not out as Fakenham A beat Castle Rising A by eight wickets. Elsewhere, Neil Pickering took 3-12 as Beeston A were bowled out for 65 and lost by 10 wickets to Dersingham A. No play was possible at Denver A v Bircham A and Gooderstone A were unable to field a team against Thornham.