West Norfolk League round-up: Young fires Terrington to easy victory
- Credit: Archant 2013
Batsman Jason Young scored a century as Terrington hammered Hillington by 145 runs in Division One.
Richard Eke carried his bat for 59 but Hillington were bowled out for 83 with Nick Osborne taking 4-11 and Graham Moore 3-29. Dan Harper top-scored with 56 but Denver still lost to Bircham by eight wickets. Matt Rowe (4-17) starred for the victors.
Callum Gurbutt (4-19) and James Hurst (4-39) restricted Snettisham to 121-9 during their seven-wicket triumph. And Jason Carter (49) did his best to help Heacham but they lost to Castle Rising, who saw Sunil Anthrayose post 32 not out.
Holt relinquished top spot in Division Two as they lost as home to Goodestone by seven wickets. Mark Spillett top scored with 40 but it was Kevin Bandy (6-23) that did the damage with the ball. A 123-run second wicket partnership between Glen Fossey (40) and Mitchell Thomson (69) won the match for their side.
Northwold took over at the top with a 66-run victory against Hospital. Ady Seymour (60) anchored the innings as Northwold reached 146-7. Hospital had no answer to Duncan Fuller (5-22) and David English (3-11) as they struggled to 80-9.
You may also want to watch:
Hockwold are only two points behind the new leaders as they recorded a maximum points' win against Gayton. Batting first, Roy Bland top scored with 74 while Carl Smith hit 35 and Simon Groom 41. Hockwold declared on 262-7 with Scott Howard (4-53) taking half of their wickets. Curtis Senter scored 43 in Gayton's reply of all out for 74 with Garry Butcher taking 5-16 and David Spencer 4-42.
Downham Town B were bowled out for 117 with David Cornwall taking 4-23. Stephen 'Nobby' King scored 31 as Narborough A completed a seven-wicket victory in the 23rd over. Sandringham A were unable to field a team against Swaffham A.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
In Division Three, Emily Woodhouse took 3-10 and scored 34 not out as Fakenham A beat Castle Rising A by eight wickets. Elsewhere, Neil Pickering took 3-12 as Beeston A were bowled out for 65 and lost by 10 wickets to Dersingham A. No play was possible at Denver A v Bircham A and Gooderstone A were unable to field a team against Thornham.