West Norfolk League round-up: Unstoppable Thornham keep up run
- Credit: James Bass
Bircham's Will Pillinger top-scored with an unbeaten 75 as his side beat Hillington by 10 runs in Division One.
Daniel Fuller scored 58 as the defeated outfit fell short of victory. James Forster took 3-35. James Hurst claimed 5-10 as Denver posted 87 all out. Opener James Banham hit 38 not out to see Sandringham home to victory by seven wickets. Gary Forder scored 47 and Ryan Twiddy 77 as Snettisham reached 180-6. Adam Darlow struck 40 but Kristian Heffer (5-23) helped dismiss Heacham for 130.
Terrington bowled out Castle Acre for 40 and knocked the runs off within eight overs for a comfortable maximum 20 points victory.
Northwold remain top of Division Two after recording a max win against Sandringham A. Scott Adams took 4-5 as Sandringham A were bowled out for 57. Ash Drohan hit 35no as Northwold won by 10 wickets after 10 overs. Hockwold, second, set Holt, third, 151 for glory. Simon Groom top-scored with 63. Michael Curtis took 4-55. Mark Spillett (56) and Robin Thaxter (40no) put on 117 as Holt won by six wickets.
Gooderstone continued their good form with a seven-wicket victory against Hospital. Mark Chalkley (3-4) helped bowl Hospital for 133. Jamie Brown top scored with 41no and 2-28. A stand of 83 by Glen Fossey (38no) and Kevin Bandy (47no) saw Gooderstone home. Tony Exley scored 53 for Swaffham as they were bowled out for 101 with Danny Yeates-Cornwall taking 4-7. Bert Crisp hit 55no as Narborough A completed a nine-wicket victory.
You may also want to watch:
Thornham maintained their 100pc record in Division Three with an eight-wicket triumph over Bircham A. Christopher Williamson took 4-18 as Bircham were bowled for 91. James Rix (32no) eased Thornham across the line. Snettisham A were bowled for 98 with Nathan Thurston taking 5-15. David Le Moir took 4-31, but Fakenham III went on to win by four wickets.
Nick Green hit 52no as Beston A posted 115. Mitchell Thomson took 3-19. Liam Wall's 3-23, couldn't prevent Gooderstone sealing victory by two wickets. Elsewhere, Dersingham A's 162-7 was enough to see them edge Castle Rising II by 18 runs. Benji Linsell took 4-16.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region