West Norfolk League round-up: Debutant helps Thornham break 200-run barrier during a damp weekend
- Credit: Archant copyright 2012
Bircham lead Division One by two points after a 27-run victory against Denver.
Batting first, Bircham were bowled out for 161 with James Peach taking 4-33. Paul Morton top scored with 71, but Paul Lough with 4-22 and Robbie Preston with 4-32 ensured Denver fell short of the victory target.
Sandringham stay second after a resounding seven-wicket win against Snettisham who were bowled out for just 61 runs. Heacham moved into third with Anthony Sadler taking 5-33 in Castle Rising's total of 105-all-out. Jason Carter hit an unbeaten 52 as they cruised to a six-wicket victory in the 37th over.
Terrington started their league campaign in a match reduced to 40 overs. Batting first, Terrington reached 153 for eight. Mohammed Bashir took 4-18 as Hillington were restricted to 127 for nine for a 26-run victory.
Northwold stayed top of Division Two after a thrilling last-over victory against Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
David English took 4-28 to help restrict Hospital to 120-9 in their 45 overs. Fielding with 10 players, Hospital took the match to the last over with Northwold securing victory with just two wickets and the same number of balls to spare. AMBiT Projects Ltd man of the match for Hospital was Anish Thomas.
Gooderstone batted first and reached 147-7 but Ciaran Chapman scored 49 as Holt went on to win by five wickets in the 33rd over. Gayton v Hockwold, Narborough A v Downham Town B and Sandringham A v Swaffham A all fell victim to the weather without a ball being bowled.
- 1 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 2 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 5 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 6 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 7 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 8 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
In Division Three, Jimmy Edwards top-scored with 89 on his Thornham debut as they were the only team to score more than 200 over the weekend. They were all out in the 41st over after reaching 212 with Nicholas Morgan taking 4-42.
Gooderstone A were bowled all out for 89 off the penultimate ball of the match to give Thornham victory by 123 runs. Bircham A bowled out Denver A for just 43 runs in the 29th over. Denver A put up a good response and took six wickets before Bircham A secured victory in the 18th over. Dersingham A v Beeston A and Fakenham III v Castle Rising A also fell victim to the weather.