West Norfolk League: Bircham remain top following win over Snettisham
Bircham remain top of Division One after a 12 run victory over Snettisham. Adam Daniels took five for 56 to help restrict Bircham to 183 for eight. But Shaun Fisher, having top scored with 72, followed up with a match winning six for 51.
Mark Utteridge scored 50 for Snettisham but it wasn't enough.
Jason Young plundered the Castle Rising bowling for 147 runs and Jamie Gollands scored 65 as Terrington reached 282 for 6. In reply Roshan Samarathunga scored 65 as Castle Rising made 189 all out. Terrington's 93 run victory reduced the gap at the top to two points.
Long Sutton kept in touch with an eight wickets win against Hospital, who were bowled out for 75. Marcus Ringwood anchored the Hayley East Anglia innings with 51 as they reached 133. Denver could only manage 56 in reply.
Sandringham bowled out Downham Town B for 94 before completing a comfortable 9 wicket victory.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two leaders Castle Acre maintained their 100pc record with a five wicket success against Narborough A. Nicky Whales top- scored with 68 as they chased down 181 to win despite D Cornwall's four for 44. Swaffham A took advantage of Hockwold's inaction to move up to second with a two wicket victory over Thornham. Michael Dye took four for 34 as Thornham reached 182 for 6. It needed some good batting down the order to see Swaffham A home.
Seb Taylor's four for 30 helped Hillington A bowl out Beetley for 87 on their way to a six wicket victory which helped them replace Heacham – whose match was off – at the top of Division Three.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
Holt secured their first win of the season by a margin of 10 wickets over Snettisham A, openers Ciaran Chapman (64) and Mark Spillett (41) easily knocking off the 117 runs needed.
In Division Four: Darren Cook took five for nine as runaway leaders Dersingham A bowled out Northwold A for 29 to win by six wickets. Arthur Lake (52) and Ryan Fitt (four for 30) helped Dereham B beat Castle Acre A.