West Norfolk League: Bircham extend lead
The top two met in Division One, with Bircham stretching their lead at the top to 12 points with a 46-run victory over Long Sutton.
Bircham successfully defended 127 by bowling Long Sutton all out for 81.
Sandringham had a resounding nine-wicket win against Hayley East Anglia by chasing the modest total of just 73 for victory.
Denver came through against Downham B in their derby match. Batting first, Downham scored 132 for eight with David Grady unbeaten on 75.
Denver secured victory with three wickets in hand.
You may also want to watch:
No play was possible due to waterlogged pitches in the matches between Hospital and Castle Rising and Terrington and Snettisham.
Castle Acre maintained their unbeaten start in Division Two with an eight-wicket victory over Mundford A.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
Martin Wall saw Castle Acre successfully chase 150 for victory with his unbeaten 90.
Ian Harrison had earlier scored 59 in Mundford A's total of 149 for eight in a match reduced to 40 overs per side.
Michael Dye took five for 22 as Swaffham A bowled out Gooderstone for 57. They completed a comfortable seven-wicket victory in the 16th over.
No play was possible at Fakenham A v Thornham and Hockwold v Narborough A.
In Division Three, Hillington A saw off the challenge of Long Sutton A with a six-wicket victory. Batting first, Long Sutton A scored 178 all out, before Hillington's Andrew Cooper (68) and Andrew Jarvis (45) laid the foundation for the win with an opening stand of 128.
Reeve Manning took five for 14 as Heacham posted 183 for nine with Jason Carter (54) top scoring. Heacham completed a 115-run victory by bowling Denver A out for 68.
Ciaran Chapman scored 50 and Mark Spillett an unbeaten 62 as Holt posted 191 for four in their 45 overs against Beeston. Marcus Mears took five for 30 as Beeston were then bowled out for 80.
David Hoare took five for 17 as Beetley bowled out Fakenham B for 83, before going on to win by nine wickets in the 34th over.
In Division Four, John Reed scored 107 for Gayton to help them amass 235 for six – the highest total of the day throughout the leagues. Martin Haylock took five for 11 as Beeston A were then skittled out for just 28 –extras top scoring with 15 runs.
Downham C defended a total of 90 as they dismissed Gooderstone A for just 54.
Waterlogged pitches prevented any play in the matches between Castle Acre A and Dersingham A and Northwold A and Dereham B.