West Norfolk Ladies claim impressive away win
- Credit: Archant
After a two-month break West Norfolk Ladies' rugby team travelled to play St Neots Ladies on a warm winter afternoon and recorded a 49-17 win.
The first half saw Amy Lucas open the scoring, quickly followed by another try by Sarah Hodge. St Neots replied but a further try by Lucas, converted by sister Georgie Lingham, who herself scored again, carried West into a five-point lead at half-time.
Tiff Turner opened the scoring after the break with a try under the posts, again converted by Lingham.
The following 20 points were all scored by West, with two tries by returning scrum-half Livvi Hodges coming from round the back of the scrum.
Mary Hegarty, playing out of her usual position, scored following an outstanding breakaway run from West's own half and the game finished with a try by captain Kathryn Sharp.
You may also want to watch:
West's next fixture is at home against Sleaford on February 26 (2pm).
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed